Finally!

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Finally!

Postby PaulDayton » Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 am

10 years this thing has sat, sometimes forlorn, sometimes worked on, and at other times collecting electronic dust without moving much.
Finally finished the saga, edited it over and over again, and had the guts to put it out.
Two books in the series: We've Seen the Enemy; The Enemy is US.
Classic sci fi, a story about two groups of survivors far in the future finally coming together to put an end to the plague that has afflicted solar system after solar system. With hybrid humans, a secretive council no one has heard from in 700 years, an errant computer program and much more, I think it'll satisfy most sci fi readers.
I mixed in liberal doses of science, and tried to make my male and female MCs as real as possible.
You can check it out here, http://www.pauldaytonscifi.com/
and hit the other pages for a sample, reader reviews or comments. Thoughts are especially appreciated, and I'm happy to give sample chapters to anyone who asks.
PaulDayton

Re: Finally!

Postby admin » Wed May 26, 2010 9:11 am

Let me caution you to be careful not to accidentally "publish" the book online. Most print publishers will not publish a book that is already too widely available for free. On the other hand, my understanding is that getting online comments from first readers is usually ok.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally!

Postby PaulDayton » Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks for the caution, and I'd appreciate a clarification.
A number of writers and successful ebook sellers have mentioned that only after their book sold a few thousand copies were they approached by a publishing house. In other words, the publisher waited to see the response, and then acted.
Any thoughts on this?
PaulDayton

Return to Writer's Forum