Fibonacci

Anything you've been wondering about in science or the science in science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Fibonacci

Postby temp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:18 am

...wasn't sure if I should put this in the science fiction section of the science section. Someone posted this on my facebook and was quite excited about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pJ5IRc0Qf8

I was following along right up until they made the leap from a mathematical property to the existence of God. I'm sure DNA has mathematical properties too. There's many interesting occurrences in math, interesting formula's, proofs, number theory...but this is not evidence that there is a God. If there is some grand pattern to all life, I'm more inclined to believe that an Alien life form did some genetic experiments and crafted our world to grow us and then will eventually come back to use us for food in the style of war of the worlds.
temp

Re: Fibonacci

Postby Brightonian » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:49 am

Supposing there was a God resembling Yahweh in the Old Testament, how could we distinguish him/her from an "alien life form"?
Brightonian

Postby admin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:23 am

What does God need with a spaceship?

When Euler discovered that e raised to the pi*i power equals minus one, many European intellectuals took that as proof of the existence of God.

Except for the dyslexics, who took it as proof of the existence of Dog.
admin
Site Admin

Postby slaven41 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Well, considering that they misdefine "golden rectangle," I don't know that I'd take the rest of it very seriously.
"It's only Neutron. We call him that because he's so positive." --from This Island Earth
slaven41

Postby HAL Jr » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:47 am

I just downloaded a different camera to my smartphone. Everyone was raving about it because you can overlay a Fibonacci spiral onto the screen. Can't thjink why one would want to but there you go!
Would you like a stress pill Dave?
HAL Jr

Return to Science questions