Antidepressant lets you see aliens, may be called HAPPY PILL

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Antidepressant lets you see aliens, may be called HAPPY PILL

Postby Ruairi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:48 pm

Hey, I'm trying to track down a short story I read abvout 15 years ago, in a collection of science fiction short stories

I believe the short story was called "Happy Pill" and featured a character who took an antidepressant, which reactivated a dormant part of the brain that let you see Aliens that were controlling the world. It had a really funny, ****ed up abrupt ending, where the main character is cornered by the Aliens who are hunting him down, and with nowhere to run, we expect him to pull off some really clever escape, but instead takes an overdose of the pills and... dies laughing.

The only other detail I can remember is that the aliens themselves had these kind of H.P. Lovecraft style Tendrils on their faces...

Also there's a *possibility* that it was in the same book I first read "I hope I shall arrive soon" by Philip K. Dick, though I'm guessing here, as I read them both around about the same time...

If you have any ideas that might help me find the name of the author or where I can find this I'd really appreciate it!
Cheers,
Ruairí
Ruairi

Re: Antidepressant lets you see aliens, may be called HAPPY PILL

Postby HAL Jr » Thu May 29, 2008 6:36 am

Reminds me of the classic film They Live!
Would you like a stress pill Dave?
HAL Jr

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.