Vague memory of this story

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Vague memory of this story

Postby zocalola » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 pm

Many years ago, I remembering reading a story about 4 young people who were older than they looked, but slow to mature physically because they were a new variation of humanity. I seem to recall one or more of them had a musical group (on the moon?), but each of them had some area of expertise in which they made enough money to finance their plans to leave the solar system. They may not all have been musicians. At the end of the story, they are thinking of heading out to the stars. I believe it was one of the young adult novels similar to Heinlein's but I am pretty sure it was not him. I know this is vague. They are two young men and two young women. Seems to me one of the women was a financial genius. Not much to go on - sorry.
zocalola

Re: Vague memory of this story

Postby admin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:47 am

I know I've read it, but I can't remember author or title.

It is a little bit like Children of the Atom, by Wilmar H. Shiras, which is one of my favorite sf novels of all time.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Vague memory of this story

Postby Rob Hasson » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:10 am

It does sound familiar. I also have a vague recollection of a group of children with powers and a sometimes uneasy relationship. One of the 'Gestalt' stories perhaps, by Theodore Sturgeon?
Rob Hasson

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.