Two guys lost in underground world; title?

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Two guys lost in underground world; title?

Postby Larry Redfield » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:24 am

Looking for a book...two guys (mine inspectors?) are trapped underground during cave-in or earthquake, and find an underground civilization. This consisted of two warring factions. The two guys are separated, and unknown to each other both become leaders of the two factions (because of their physical superiority). They try to stop the ongoing war, but are discovered and flee back to the surface, resolved to return some day and stop the conflict.
The book dates from the 60s or so. Any clue?
Larry Redfield

Re: Two guys lost in underground world; title?

Postby scifigene » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 am

I don't think this is your book but the description reminded me of Andre Maurois' 1930s novel Fattypuffs and Thinnifers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fattypuffs_and_Thinifers which features two boys who also end up in a warring underground civilization, rising through the ranks on opposite sides.
scifigene

Postby Larry Redfield » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:27 am

Thanx for the reply. That is not the book, but I might jump on than one anyway, it sounds interesting.

The book in question has the two guys blundering right into the midst of the war, and becoming separated while avoiding the conflict.

regards... Larry
Larry Redfield

Postby Larry Redfield » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Surprise, book located. :D It is called Hidden World by Stanton Coblentz
Larry Redfield

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.