70's ?? Sci Fi Film

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

70's ?? Sci Fi Film

Postby Guest31 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:00 am

The story was about creatures living in subteranean caves and aquifers. Popped up in people's cabins. Clung to the walls and had a long tentacle with which to inflict it damage. Young people in the countryside running/screaming. Hope someone can remember.
Guest31

Island of Terror

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:24 pm

I'm thinking it might be "Island of Terror" with Peter Cushing. Made in 1966. Here's a description fom the IMDB site:

"A small island community is overrun with creeping, blobbish, tentacled monsters which liquefy and digest the bones from living creatures"

Postby SoulThief » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:54 pm

I must admit that I initially thought it might be Island of Terror, but then felt that the description did not fit, so did not mention it.

Maybe the person asking the question can provide a more detailed plot as Island of Terror is a movie I remember quite well (those evil bone sucking creatures!!!!)

ST
SoulThief

Thanks!

Postby User31 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:04 am

Thank you for responding! I wish I could remember more except that the film appeared as a not great story but CREEPY! There were teenagers as victims/hero, don't recall any big name actors like Peter Cushing. I got the impression that it took place in the Northwest (probably totally wrong). I will investigate your suggestion of "Island of Terror". It could be.....
Thanks again. Will hope for more replies.
User31

You guys are good

Postby Guest31 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:32 pm

Thanx Soulthief and Guest. I do believe that this is the correct movie. I think I saw it as "Night of the Silicates". Have to find a copy to make sure though. Keep up the good work!
Guest31

Nope!

Postby Guest31 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Upon further research, that was not the film. I now remember "Night of the Silicates" and it ain't it. The film I referred to was in color and the main characters seemed to be young adults/teenagers. Hope someone can HELP....
Guest31

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.