weird 80's airplane monster film

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

weird 80's airplane monster film

Postby renandstimpy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:31 am

As a child I remember watching a sort of sci-fi horror film where a man on an aeroplane sees a hideous creature on the airplane wing that no-one else can see, until they land and the airplane is clearly damaged. Also, it must be a trilogy of stories or something but another scene shows a man walking through a house and the camera shows a girl watching a tv from behind, although when the camera turns to show her face it is totally blank and smooth with no features whatsoever and very freaky. Does anyone know of what im talking about, im sorry but that is all I can remember from it as it was a long time ago but i'd love to see it again.
renandstimpy

Postby SoulThief » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:42 am

Easy - Twilight Zone: The Movie. Based on an even older TV show.

I can't believe that I'm old enough that someone would call this an 'old' movie. Oh well

ST
SoulThief

Postby spacecat » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:34 am

Yes, it was based on an old Twilight Zone TV episode. The character in the TV episode that sees the monster on the wing is played by William Shatner. Pre Star Trek days.
(=^._.^=)

I'm trading SF&F books at
Paperbackswap.com

Tell'em spacecat sent you!
spacecat

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:00 pm

Hehe thanks for the enlightenment I shall seek the movie out, I vaguely remember now the twilight zone episode with William Shatner although I couldn't remember what it was about . I use the term 'old' film relatively of course as I personally was a child when I saw this movie although I wish I was born in a much earlier era. I don't even really bother going to the cinema anymore, it destroys my soul to see how much cr*p is defined as a 'blockbuster', but ofc we get into the messy realm of personal opinion on what constitutes a 'good' film which perhaps belongs elsewhere. Once again cheers.

Airliner Wing Monster

Postby alakshak » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:51 pm

"Nightmare At 20,000 Feet"
Twilight Zone
William Shatner 1960s TV
John Lithgow 1980s movie
alakshak

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.