need info on a series of book....

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

need info on a series of book....

Postby samsonam » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:41 pm

hi,
cant remember author or title but heres some of the stuff i do remember.
the first book was written in the third person, about a pirate type character, fat ugly guy who destroyed a military ship and captured a woman off the ship. she had some sort of "jump sickness", mean that everytime they went into hyperdrive she went temporarily insane. this pirate type bloke then inserted a device into her brain through which he could control her. it got really dark when he used this to rape her, in fact all teh books had a very dark edge to them. in the later books she has a child which is forced to age rapidly by an alien race, a race who could clone themselves into looking like humans. there was another character a sort of dashing captain, who actually turned out to be as nasty and messed up as the others. im sorry that i cant remember character names or anything else really but it was a series of at least 4 books, i think read three and its driving me nuts as to what happens in the last. if anyone can help itd much appreciated. ta, adam.
samsonam

Postby SoulThief » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:04 am

Stephen R. Donaldson: The Gap Series (1990-94)

Not bad :)

ST
SoulThief

.........thanks!

Postby samsonam » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:45 pm

thats pretty damn impressive. if a little scary.
thank you, thats the one. been bugging me for ages.
samsonam

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.