ESP Teleporter and Poison Needle Guns

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

ESP Teleporter and Poison Needle Guns

Postby bluelake » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:25 pm

I read this book in the early to mid 1970s, and it may have been at a teen reading level or a regular adult novel.

In the first chapter, an older man and a woman got to an escape pod to flee a spaceship that was damaged. A third, younger man came to the pod and then teleported into the pod, surprising the other two, and they escaped to a planet below.

I think they had to keep their identities a secret on the planet they landed on, and I remember the population there had these poisonous needle guns. Each of our three heroes had a power of some kind -- the young man could teleport, the girl might have been able to read minds or something.

I remember that the young man was opposed to being thought of as a hero and went to lengths to appear like he wasn't, though he did come through in the end. He may have died then from one of those needle guns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-- John
bluelake

I don't know

Postby JWConnors » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:39 pm

I have been looking for this same book as well. As of yet I have had no luck. I have been searching for years! Sadly, all I remember is about what you remember. Let me know if you find anything.
JWConnors

Postby bluelake » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

To follow up on this topic for anyone else interested, the book is: The Galactic Rejects by Andrew J Offutt, (c)1973.
bluelake

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.