Funny geneticist makes world crazier

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Funny geneticist makes world crazier

Postby sadisticon » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:59 pm

Hello Science Fiction fans and experts.
I am hoping that some of you may be able to help me. I am a Science Fiction lover. Despite this I am not able to keep track of certain essential details about some of the novels I read back in the 80s (I was in my 20s it was an experimental phase for us all...)
If anyone can help me I am looking for three specific novels for which I only recall the plot and some character details. If anyone knows these novels please let me know. And if you don't know but you know how I can possibly find them, please fill me in. Thank you all, I know the Sci Fi community is the most generous and knowledgeable and that even if I don't find what I'm looking for I'll never get closer than here.
OKay here they are:

Novel 1:
(x)'s Folly
A novel about a geneticist who remakes the world in his and his corporation's desired image. His nephew was the protagonist and while the gentleman wasn't necessarily evil he was by some standards misguided. He created a fan-like creature that did not have excretory organs and he chemically induced his girlfriend to find him more attractive and youthful than he actually was.
I am home.
sadisticon

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.