Leaving Part 2

At a reader's suggestion, this new forum is open to all kinds of chat, excluding obvious spam.

Leaving Part 2

Postby ChrisC » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:26 am

First let me put things into perspective. I have job, I'm pretty level headed at the moment.

However, me and the wife had an in depth discussion last night. It wasn't ugly it was quite calm and collected. She is scared that I will flip out again due to my schizoaffective dis-order. Although at the moment I'm quite fine. Well the long and short of it is she pretty much wants me to leave. She is unable to support me if and when and thats IF, I flip out again.

She scared of this happening. I supposed I don't blame her. I'm scared of it happening as well. This is why I have not been fucking around with my meds anymore. I'm doing want my psychiatrist is saying. I have completely stopped smoking cannabis. I have the odd few beers at the weekend.

I have an up and coming holiday to the UK this Christmas going on my own. Maybe this will clear my head a bit. Seeing my family and everything.

My feeling is, although I don't like it here I would not want to stop my kids having a father. My previous wobble on this topic can be thrown in the dustbin. I'm thinking a little clearer now. Although I'm just sad about the whole situation.

Would it be to much trouble to ask peoples views please.
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts."

Buddha in The Dhammapada.

ChrisC

http://www.buddhanet.net/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
ChrisC

ok

Postby admin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:35 am

Everything you say sounds good. Keep up the good work.

While it would be nice to have a woman who will take care of you when you're sick, it is better to know that isn't going to happen than to think it is and then find out it's not. It may be that your wife just needed to express how frightened she is.

It sounds like you may be able to keep your family together as long as you can keep yourself from falling apart. I wish you luck.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Chat