e-reader...

At a reader's suggestion, this new forum is open to all kinds of chat, excluding obvious spam.

e-reader...

Postby temp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:19 pm

those digital book things. I guess you download the story...it has a screen with white background and black text so looks just like paper version. Sony has a model that I was lookin at.

I guess it saves on publishing costs...I wonder how much it costs to download books into it...cheaper than buying the paperback? Anyone tried them? thoughts?
temp

Re: e-reader...

Postby admin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:18 am

I love books, but as I get older, really big books, like Neal Stephenson's Anathem, which I'm currently reading, are harder to hold, and sometimes my hands cramp. If I were buying one of those things, I'd buy an amazon.com kindle, since I could download just about any book I wanted.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Brightonian » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:59 am

These gizmos would be ideal for my academic work, as an increasing amount of the stuff I read is distributed as PDFs - either free or via my college library's subscription. But I will need one with an A4-sized screen so I can see a whole page of an article at once. Then I could recycle that huge heap of paper in the corner of the room.
Brightonian

Postby HAL Jr » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:44 am

Well I have a Nintendo DS and I got the recently launched 100 Classic Novels for it. Am currently reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on it
Would you like a stress pill Dave?
HAL Jr

Return to Chat