My reading for Christmas...and yours???

At a reader's suggestion, this new forum is open to all kinds of chat, excluding obvious spam.

My reading for Christmas...and yours???

Postby ChrisC » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:57 pm

The Terror by Dan Simmons.

The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub.

The Crow Road by Iain Banks.

Redemption Ark by Alastair Reynolds.
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts."

Buddha in The Dhammapada.

ChrisC

http://www.buddhanet.net/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
ChrisC

Re: My reading for Christmas...and yours???

Postby Brightonian » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm planning on re-reading the Lord of the Rings. Christmas is a time for the comfortable and familiar.
Brightonian

Re: My reading for Christmas...and yours???

Postby slaven41 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:48 pm

I'm currently on Neal Stephenson's Anathem, and The World Without Us, by Alan Weisman. The latter is a non-fiction book in which he examines the question of what would happen to all the stuff that civilization has made and built if the entire human race were to suddenly disappear. It's not a great book, but it's fairly interesting. He looks at a lot of different facets of the question; from what plants and animals would thrive, to what happens to all the plastic that we make. Should be a reference book for any writer who's working on something post-apocalyptic. :-)

I generally have one fiction and one non-fiction going at any given time. If I finish World, I have Lion in the White House waiting, which is a biography of Theodore Roosevelt. It's highly unlikely I'll finish Stephenson before Christmas, but the next fiction that comes off my shelf might be Axis by Robert Charles Wilson. (I really liked Spin.)

Merry Christmas, or whatever holidays you may be celebrating.

--Dave
"It's only Neutron. We call him that because he's so positive." --from This Island Earth
slaven41

Return to Chat