New Uncollected Dunsany Limited Release

At last, the crows get another meal

Moderators: SoulThief, Moderators

New Uncollected Dunsany Limited Release

Postby pegana » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Pegana Press Books is pleased to announce the release of "Lost Tales Volume I" by Lord Dunsany with an introduction by Michael Swanwick 10 previously uncollected tales presented in a fine press limited edition authorized by the Dunsany estate. Volume II will be released shortly featuring an unpublished story retrieved from Dunsany castle. Forthcoming works by Clark Ashton Smith and HPL. Please view at the website and your comments are welcome. https://peganapress.com/
pegana

Re: New Uncollected Dunsany Limited Release

Postby admin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 am

I love some of Dunsany's stories. (L. Sprague de Camp discovered his name is pronounced Dun-sane-e. Who knew?) The best of them are great, but I find about five Dunsany books have been sitting on my "to read" shelf for more than ten years. Still, I'll probably buy the new one.
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Uncollected Dunsany Limited Release

Postby pegana » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 am

Hello admin,

I remember years ago talking to a bookseller about Dunsany and he very properly corrected my pronunciation of Dunsany in no uncertain terms. It's funny, in some ways at least pre internet days we read in an isolated bubble and made assumptions about how words and names were meant to sound without hearing anyone else use them! I do hope you can purchase a copy, they're some great stories and the press could certainly use the support. Each sale helps fund the next book so hopefully it's self sustaining.

cheerio

mike
pegana

Return to Fantasy