The MÖBIUM RPG

The cake is a lie.

Moderator: Moderators

The MÖBIUM RPG

Postby TheBZ » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:24 am

Hello All...

Disclaimer: I'll apologize beforehand if this post is considered spam. If so, I trust that moderators will delete as they will.

My name is Daniel Beals, and I am currently developing a SF table-top RPG called MÖBIUM.

The game is being independently developed by an army of ONE, and has thus far been much like running a marathon...The finish line is still a long ways off.

You can find more information and preview material at http://www.mobiumrpg.net and the designer's Blog is at http://mobiumrpg.blogspot.com.

I'd be happy to receive any questions or comments, and have been (thus far) successfully using feedback to make decisions throughout the design process.

I will leave you with the current advertising blurb for the setting:

At first glance, the Future Setting of Möbium appears to have all of the characteristics of a “Hard” Science Fiction RPG, save for the very existence and discovery of the element known as Möbium.

When this previously unknown element rains down throughout the Solar System in 2023 in the form of a massive asteroid incursion, the initial impression is that the unavoidable impact with Earth can be nothing less than an Extinction Level Event.

But humanity does survive; and upon doing so, the very nature of Möbium is eventually harnessed to become an extraordinary, evolutionary tool.

Effectively, the element becomes a catalyst that ushers our current day scientific limitation towards an unlimited future of nuclear fusion, graviton mechanics, quantum computing, and a Universal Theory of Physics.

The effect on the private sector is profound; as the full scope of the Solar System is opened up to exploration, cultivation, colonization, and most importantly…Ownership.

The unqualified success and rapid expansion of Big Business renders national governments into extinction. Eventually, it appears that the only option to protect society lies in empowering massive Regulating Bodies to stabilize the gap between ‘Individual’ and ‘Economy’.

But what happens to the search for individual meaning in a future that has become so utterly dependent on systems? What becomes of freedom in the face of economic dependency? What becomes of opinion within the confines of regulated media?

These are the questions that must be answered by every individual living in the Future of Möbium. Is it simply enough to purchase and produce, so that society can maintain its current balance? Is Market Value the ultimate measure of human success?

Can you walk the line between Free Will and Regulation?
Or will you choose the path of The UnRegulated?
The choice is yours.

Welcome to MÖBIUM.

BZ / Dan.
LOOK TO THE FUTURE.
www.mobiumrpg.net

WE ARE NOT ALONE
www.rpg-outpost.com
'SF RPG Community'
TheBZ

spam?

Postby admin » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 am

I think this is ok. Most of the spam I delete is from an African prince who wants to increase my manhood, refinance my mortage, give me a million dollars, and show me some feelthy postcards.
admin
Site Admin

Postby TheBZ » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:35 am

Thanks.

I have been receiving the SFSite newsletter for a bit now, and hopefully I can back the post up by offering a little more than the occasional update on the game.

This is a nice community that you guys have got going here, and I have really enjoyed the information so far...If only I could get far enough ahead in my writing to do a little more reading; then perhaps I would have a bit more commentary to offer.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to my side job as a very well-endowed African prince with a booming real estate and postcard empire.

BZ / Dan.
LOOK TO THE FUTURE.
www.mobiumrpg.net

WE ARE NOT ALONE
www.rpg-outpost.com
'SF RPG Community'
TheBZ

[UPDATE] ComStar Games 'Looks to the Future' with MÖBIUM

Postby TheBZ » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:36 pm

ComStar Games ‘Looks to the Future’ with MÖBIUM
------------------------------ For Immediate Release --------------------------------

COMSTAR MEDIA, LLC
2463 B Coral Avenue, NE
Salem, Oregon, USA 97305
http://www.comstar-games.com

DREADNOUGHT MEDIA
75 Ordnance St. - #3
Kingston, ON, Canada K7K 1G5
http://www.mobiumrpg.net

September 18, 2006 -- ComStar Games (Salem, OR) and Dreadnought Media (Kingston, ON) are pleased to announce an exciting new partnership to publish and develop the MÖBIUM RPG line of game products.

MÖBIUM is a ‘hard’ Science Fiction RPG setting with a heavy emphasis on economic and social stratification. Characters are immersed in a rigid class system that is dominated by omnipresent corporate entities and regulating authorities. Their struggle --To live and dream in lock-step with the social order…Or become one of the UnRegulated.

The initial sourcebook will be enhanced by Guardians of Order’s critically acclaimed Tri-Stat/BESM game engine, which utilizes effects-based character creation and conflict resolution. This will be followed by a series of companion books designed to allow integration and interaction with the social and economic forces that shape the lives of all End Users in the Future of MÖBIUM.

Beyond the publication of the setting, ComStar Games will be playing an active advisory role in developing the MÖBIUM brand line, opening up the setting to multiple media platforms, and maintaining a high level of quality and accessibility for the gaming public.

ComStar Representative William Andersen comments: “When I first learned about the basic premise behind MÖBIUM, I was very interested in becoming involved in the project. Gamers that are interested in a game that provides more than just ‘hack and slash’ are going to love this game! Daniel’s commitment to producing the best possible game has been inspirational. With all candor, I don’t know if I am more excited about this game being complete so we can get it to market, or so that I can play it!”

Dreadnought Creative Director Daniel Beals adds: “From the first point of contact with ComStar Games, I had a feeling that we were a ‘natural fit’. But the key to putting this agreement together was the willingness of both parties to take the time to engage in a period of discussion and planning. It was through that process that I came to realize the common ground we share, as far as the philosophy and ideology behind creating and marketing an RPG line.

ComStar has expressed the desire to produce game materials with an eye towards creative exploration and intellectual stimulation and this is exactly what I have been trying to instill into the MÖBIUM project. I conceived MÖBIUM with the intention to create a Science Fiction setting that will stand out in the RPG industry as unique and inherently bold. I realize that this is a lofty goal, and ultimately the proof will lie in the finished product and the reception it receives from the gaming public.”

Any and all interested parties can follow the process of project design and development via www.mobiumrpg.net. A Dreadnought Media representative can also be reached at feedback@mobiumrpg.net for any questions or comments regarding the project. Information about ComStar can be found at the company’s game site: http://www.comstar-games.com, and questions can be directed to William at games@comstar-media.com.

####################

Dreadnought Media is a Canadian game design studio based out of Kingston, ON. The MÖBIUM RPG is the company's first development project, and is tentatively scheduled for release in August 2007.

ComStar Games is a division of ComStar Media, LLC, a family owned company based in Salem, Oregon. ComStar publishes a line of fiction and role-playing games from a variety of genres. Information about ComStar Media can be found at http://www.comstar-media.com.
LOOK TO THE FUTURE.
www.mobiumrpg.net

WE ARE NOT ALONE
www.rpg-outpost.com
'SF RPG Community'
TheBZ

Return to SF in games