SF magazines?

For discussion of issues specific to sfsite.

Moderator: Moderators

SF magazines?

Postby Brightonian » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:53 am

OK, so there's boards for SF in the movies, on TV and in comics, but what about the primary medium for the genre namely magazines?

Some burning issues folk could discuss: Interzone's recent makeover, why Asimov's still looks like a Golden Age pulp, etc.
Brightonian

I thought the top thread, science fiction, was the place

Postby hegemon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 am

I think the "science fiction" topic would be the place to start a magazine thread. I, for one, would contribute to it. I still get Asimov's, Analog, F&SF, Realms of Fantasy, Weird Tales, and Black Gate. I would get Interzone if it were for sale anywhere near where I live.
This is the race that will rule the sevagram!
hegemon

Postby dometone » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:12 pm

Plus, if we had a magazine forum, I could finally discuss my outrage at the discontinuation of Science Fiction Age, back in 2000.
dometone

Mags

Postby hegemon » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:06 am

Print magazines are being replaced by webzines. The philistines at scifi channel discontinued SciFi, which published a lot of the very best science fiction, but we still have Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show and the Baen Books magazine has been announced, though I haven't seen an issue, yet. The new Ender's Saga stories on IGMS are well worth the cost of a subscription.
This is the race that will rule the sevagram!
hegemon

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:19 am

Yes I'd lime somewhere to discuss magazines. i was going tyo ask what magazines does everyone read? I'm not talking ther fiction mags like Asimov's or Interzone. I want to know about the mags about SF. I used to read SFX but it seems a bit juvennile these days.
Any others out there?

Return to sfsite forum