Girl Genius

My current favorite fantasy comic book is Girl Genius, by Phil Foglio. What's yours?

Moderator: Moderators

problem

Postby admin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Now I see my problem. I did click on the image, but I got to a page with an illo at the top and the rest text, so I thought that was an editorial or something rather than the comic. There didn't seem to be a way to scroll down on that page, so I gave up. I completely missed the "enter here" in red at the bottom of the picture.
admin
Site Admin

first impressions

Postby admin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:53 pm

A couple of first impressions. Once I got into the comic, the numbers across the bottom of the page make it very easy to naviage, and I like the fact that two pages fit entirely on each screen, so I don't need to scroll down to see the bottom of the page.

I guess you intended your first two pages as a narrative hook. It has just the opposite effect on me. I almost didn't turn the page, because it looked like another elves and aliens epic. (For those who haven't taken a look at the comic, the first two pages turn out to be pages of a comic book that the main character is reading.)

Are you looking for people to critique your work, or just want readers?
admin
Site Admin

Re: first impressions

Postby jdalton » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:52 pm

admin wrote:Are you looking for people to critique your work, or just want readers?

I'll appreciate any of either that I can get, but considering that this thread is titled "Girl Genius," I've already received more of both than I could reasonably expect. My main purpose was to promote sci-fi webcomics in general, because the few that are good are very good, and then tack myself on for the ride. I consider my mission accomplished. :wink:
Jonathon Dalton
Lords of Death and Life
jdalton

Thanks

Postby admin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:09 am

Thanks for your comtribution. I, for one, was very glad to learn about these web comics.

Rick
admin
Site Admin

new Girl Genius

Postby admin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:05 am

A new Girl Genius book is out, Agatha Heterodyne and the Golden Trilobite. Highly recommended. You can order it from amazon, or directly from www.studiofoglio.com
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to SF in Comics