Machines Unbound and the Nature of Religion

Religion plays a large part in the lives of most people. What role, if any, does religion play in science fiction?

Moderator: Moderators

Machines Unbound and the Nature of Religion

Postby Charles Phipps » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:29 am

While I don't intend to seem like I'm advertising....

Machines Unbound strikes me as a series that might be interesting for anyone interested in the subject. The science aspect I imagine won't seem to be be particularly deep for readers (I have only a college background in it) but I tried to spend a good deal of time examining what it might be like to become a cyborg. To expand one's conciousness to the level that one could think on an entirely different level.

One thing noticible though in both of my novels out it is that the hero is religious (Jewish in this case) and I tried to incorporate a lot of Judeo-Christian imagery into the text.

While I'm not sure what audiences will make of it, I tried to have a running theme that religion doesn't have anything to fear from science if its true and that development may lead to a closer relationship with the divine.
Charles Phipps

authors

Postby admin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:13 am

Sfsite is always glad to hear from authors, especially new authors, about their writing experiences, their publications, but also the rejection slips they are collecting. Many readers of sfsite would like to become writers themselves, and the more information they share, the more likely that is to happen.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Charles Phipps » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:15 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I appreciate that.
Charles Phipps

Return to Religion in Science Fiction