Aspyre Editing Service

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Aspyre Editing Service

Postby aspyre.editing » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:45 pm

I am starting a freelance editing business in Northern Utah and want to let all of you writers know about it. Because we're not well established in the editing market yet, we are waiving any and all fees (except postage for hard copy submissions) for any submissions received during the months of April, May, or June.

As far as experience goes, I currently work on the editorial staff of Leading Edge Magazine as the Circulation Director. With my work there, I see so many manuscripts come into our slush pile that would have been more readily accepted for publication if the author had only asked someone with more editing experience to look for some problems in it.

This is a great chance to have free editorial advice from an experienced editor before you send your work off to be seen. My website is listed below in my signature. If you would like to email me, use this address: aspyre.editing@gmail.com
For more information, please visit our website at http://webpub.byu.net/joshua13/
aspyre.editing

advertising?

Postby admin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:29 pm

This post is a little too close to advertising, but since the service is free, I'm not deleting it. Readers, please keep me posted with how this works out, if you give the service a try.
admin
Site Admin

Re: advertising?

Postby aspyre.editing » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:53 pm

admin wrote:This post is a little too close to advertising, but since the service is free, I'm not deleting it.

I'm sorry if there was a "no advertising" rule here. I checked the FAQ before I posted but didn't notice anything about that. If need be, you can go ahead and delete the post.
For more information, please visit our website at http://webpub.byu.net/joshua13/
aspyre.editing

ads

Postby admin » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:17 am

Since sfsite sells ad space, most ads that appear here get deleted in short order, but yours is an exception. Most important, it offers a service for aspiring sf writers, and so it is very much "on topic".
admin
Site Admin

Return to Writer's Forum