Woman wearing a black "intelligent" suit that need

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Woman wearing a black "intelligent" suit that need

Postby boonie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:00 pm

Hello all,
I've been trying to remember the author and title of a book I read a few years back. I'm not sure if the book was new then or if it was something I just picked up and read. I'm not even sure of what the plot was but I can remember that the main character who was a woman was an operative of some sort and wore a suit that was alive, semi intelligent, and ate anything that came within reach when it as hungry be it alive or a rock. The suit would also morph into armor or adapt itself to it's environment by reading the weares thoughts. That's about all I can think of now.

Boonie
boonie

Postby spacecat » Wed May 24, 2006 3:57 pm

Sounds like Ken MacLeod's The Cassini Division. The heroine wears a 'smart' suit that can morph into anything from fully protective space suit to evening wear and is powered by a nano-reactor.

Here's a quote from Amazon -- "everyone will covet her smart-matter clothing that can become a spacesuit, combat outfit, evening gown, or satellite dish at will."
(=^._.^=)

I'm trading SF&F books at
Paperbackswap.com

Tell'em spacecat sent you!
spacecat

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.