Is It Really Symmetric ? (For Mathematicians)

Religion plays a large part in the lives of most people. What role, if any, does religion play in science fiction?

Moderator: Moderators

Is It Really Symmetric ? (For Mathematicians)

Postby Kanrim » Fri May 12, 2006 3:39 am

Hi,

Whats your opinion about this book?
(Binary Symmetric Book 1)

Here u can download some contents of this book as pdf files and look whether it is symmetric or not:

http://www.simetrikkitap.com/subject1.pdf

http://www.simetrikkitap.com/subject2.pdf

http://www.simetrikkitap.com/subject3.pdf

or www.symmetricbook.com

Please explain to me is there real symmetry or not?

Thanks a lot..
Kanrim

This is a well known phenomonon

Postby admin » Fri May 12, 2006 6:51 pm

This is a well known phenomonon. If you play around with numbers long enough, all sorts of coincidences abound. For example, the decimal form of the square root of two is not a repeating decimal, but it starts out 1.414, which looks like a repeating decimal. The Koran and the Bible are two favorite sources of number coincidences, which are bound to happen, purely by chance, but which the discoverers make extravagant claims about. A good example from the Bible is Mathew 1:17, where he claims that there are 14 generations from Adam to Abraham, 14 from Abraham to David, and 14 from David to Jesus. But, when you compare with Genesis, it turns out he fudged his data. You do not, however, have to fudge the data to get coincidences much more remarkable than that. If you crunch a million numbers, then one in a million coincidences start to turn up. There was something similar in a best seller called The Bible Code. Numerology is a pseudoscience, but a popular one.

Rick Norwood
admin
Site Admin

Postby Kanrim » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:40 am

The study named as “Binary Symmetric Book I” comprises a series of mathematical analysis investigating whether the Holy Qur’an has a specific numerical order in terms of both the order of surahs and the number of verses. The purpose is to depict the structure of this current Holy Qur’an, namely, to determine the event. It should not be forgotten that, this research is an examination which was performed from the end, therefore, the results which it sets forth, in a way contain data having feedback nature.
Determinations set forth in this study, composed of consequences which respects the integrity of the Holy Qur’an, and do not ascribe to any subjective references, and which may be achieved as is when handled by any researchers regardless of his/her being a believer or not. In our point of view, the objectivity and accuracy of the results are important rather than they are being liked or disliked. If we return to the foregoing example, the tables provided in the study are as accurate as the indisputable statement of, “The Holy Qur’an comprises of 114 surahs”.

This study brings the numerical structure of the Holy Qur’an which can not be possibly explained by random generation into public’s attention. Its purpose is to state the existence of this extremely sensible regular structure. Apart from this is beyond the scope of this book. The tables set forth in the book reflect concrete realities. Consequently, whether arrangement of Holy Qur’an is to be based on revelation or not, would make any influence in the existence of this numerical order, but only causes a differentiation in its interpretation. Whereas the ones who consider this arrangement is based on revelation ascribe such exceptional order of Holy Qur’an to the Deity God directly, the others are in a position to attribute such exceptionality again to the God indirectly, forwhy it is a fact that such numerical order can not be human made is apparent in all its nakedness.

Binary Symmetric Book 1, is the first volume of the series of 4 books covering the studies in this respect. The following section titles are contained in this current book:

• Odd and Even Numbers
• Surahs of which the number of ayats are greater than sequence number
• Surahs of which the number of ayats are smaller than sequence number
• Prime Numbers
• Sequence Numbers Set and Number of Ayats Set
• The numbers which are divided by two and not divided by three
• The numbers which are divided by three and not divided by two
• The numbers which are neither divisible by two nor by three
• The numbers which are divisible by two and three
• The numbers which are divisible by two
• The numbers which are divisible by three
• Sum of the Prime Factors
• Perfect Numbers
• Abundant Numbers
• Deficient Numbers

The consequences arise as a result of every survey is submitted to the attention of the audience as tables covering the entire Holly Qur’an.

When the tables are observed, “binary symmetric” structure is immediately encountered. The concept which we give as the title of our study, is the consequence of the mathematical analysis on the Holy Qur’an, whereas, it is also a definition used by Allah, for the book He sent down:

“Allah has sent down the best Statement as a binary symmetric book. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it. Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allah. That is the guidance of Allah. He Guides therewith whom He wills; and whomever Allah sends astray, for him there is no guide.”

This verse has a substantial purport for the ones who assess the tables as the consequence of the divine decree which are set forth in the “binary symmetric book I“. Forwhy, the mathematical structure on which the entire arrangement of the Holy Qur’an is based on was presented clearly again in the Holy Qur’an 14 centuries ago.

Binray Symmetric Book
Kanrim

numbers

Postby hegemon » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 am

A man found math too hard to dig
but numbers always flipped his wig
And though he went to college he
Still studies numerology.
This is the race that will rule the sevagram!
hegemon

book of numbers

Postby admin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:24 am

The study of numerology is old, and appeals to many people. As a mathematician, I can only say that any list of numbers will contain coincidences, and that is all they are, coincidences. Still, a lot of people have fun playing around with those coincidences, and as best I can tell, it doesn't do any harm, unless it is to distract people from the more important moral or historical aspects of the book they are studying.

I remember reading an article years ago -- I'm sorry I don't remember more -- that found a huge number of number coincidences in Moby Dick.
admin
Site Admin

Postby temp » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:24 am

I had a math teacher once in high school who presented the theory that the number...it wasn't pi...what's that other one, "e" or something, can't remember (shows you how much my high school math lessons have stuck with me)
...anyway, he was saying that the number of formulae and things where this number came up was somehow proof that god exists.
How he made the leap from a number to the existance of god is beyond me.
temp

confirmation bias

Postby admin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:37 am

When a person really, really wants to believe in something, then they will sieze on any evidence, no matter how feeble, to support their cause. It's called "confirmation bias". My brother drives an SUV, and so wants to believe that "global warming" is a hoax. He recently sent me an email saying that the president of Bulgaria doesn't believe in global warming. I wrote back, "Why on earth would you believe the president of Bulgaria?" He didn't reply.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Is It Really Symmetric ? (For Mathematicians)

Postby Kanrim » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:33 pm

How can u say that, it is possible to do whatever you want with the numbers?

Postby admin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:12 am

Just because it is possible doesn't make it right. It is possible to add 2 and 2 and get 5, but that doesn't mean that 2 and 2 is really 5.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Brightonian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:12 am

"Studies have shown" that people tend to have a very poor understanding of probablity; also that people pay a lot more attention to positive evidence than to data which disconfirm a theory or are neutral. This tendency is even manifest in the world of science itself, where it's reputedly hard to get negative results published.
Brightonian

Return to Religion in Science Fiction