Long shot but worth a try

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Long shot but worth a try

Postby anders » Wed May 24, 2006 7:12 pm

Hi all,
About... twelve years ago I came across this book in the local library. I cannot for the life of me remember the title, so does this ring any bell?
Large format (A4-ish) illustrated book with a quite good story to go with it. The colour illustrations were absolutely excellent, well detailed and designed craft (from one-pilot scout craft to a fleet of forgotten, mothballed battleships docked in a moon) and beautiful backgrounds.
The story detailed a war between human factions in space, going on for a millennia or more. Space opera stuff, but told in a very matter-of-fact and dry tone, no characters, just retelling of events.
I recall an image of fighter-bombers of Martian colonist design, civilian craft being destroyed as relations heated up between factions, a battleship crashing into a burning metropol.

I realize this is grasping for needles in a haystack but I just recently recalled the book and decided to try to find it again. If the above description rings a bell, any suggestion would be appreciated. smile.gif
anders

Postby HomieBear » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:14 pm

Would it be Spacecraft by Stewart Cowley? I've had a copy since I was a kid, I don't know if I ever read the text, just admired the pictures.

http://www.amazon.com/Spacecraft-2000-2 ... 0890092117
HomieBear

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.