A tough one - 60s-70s Young Adult

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

A tough one - 60s-70s Young Adult

Postby dometone » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:10 pm

Hello, all. I have been searching for a particular book for a long time. I figure if anyone can tell me the name of it, or if it rings a bell, this is probably the place.

I'm looking for a children's / young adult's novel from probably the late 50's to early 70's. I read it as a kid in the late 80's, so I suppose it could be later, but it had that canvas hardback that you don't find on more contemporary books. I remember elements of the story, but I do not remember the title or the author.

The plot was the sort of kids-stranded-on-a-strange-planet adventure story that's typical of young adult stuff. It was about these teenagers who crash land on an ocean planet. Their ship is submerged. The key point that's memorable about this story is that the water on the planet is milky. The planet's water is white, translucent, but not transparent. I also seem to remember that the planet had a light side and a shadowed side, like the moon.

I'll see if I can remember any more details, and I know it's not much to go on, but the need to know is tearing up my brain. Thanks!
dometone

moon

Postby admin » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:10 pm

The moon always keeps the same face toward earth, but both faces of the moon get sunlight in equal ratio. As Pink Floyd once said, "There is no dark side, really."
admin
Site Admin

Postby dometone » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:21 pm

Okay, you got me on that one. That one goes into the "I forgot everything I knew about physics for a minute" pile. To clarify:

The planet had a dark side and a shadowed side, like in that little-known but much-beloved 1995 TV special White Dwarf.
dometone

Postby Stertard69 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:58 am

hot! :)
http://nencyalba.info/raped/77106
regards, Stertard69
Stertard69

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.