welcome

New members MUST e-mail f.norwood@att.net to get their membership approved. Tell me the name under which you registered. Unless I'm out of town, I'll approve your registration with 24 hours. Begin to register by clicking on "register" above, but your registration is not complete until you e-mail me. This is necessary to prevent spam.

Best,
Rick Norwood

welcome

Postby admin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:10 am

Sorry to have this new step in registration, but the flood of spam in recent weeks has made it necessary. After you register, contact admin at f.norwood@att.net and let me know the user name you gave when you regiestered. You will only have to do this once, and from then on can post freely.

Best,
Rick Norwood
Last edited by admin on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:42 pm

It seems to work- no new spam so far. Thanks!

Postby HomieBear » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Oops- that was me. I guess we have to log in each time now, is that a side-effect? It's all good.
HomieBear

new rules

Postby admin » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:11 am

Keep your fingers crossed.

Rick
admin
Site Admin

spam

Postby admin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:29 am

Well, the spam is still gone. I get about thirty new members a day, and I assume most are spammers, because they never follow through with an attempt to contact me. The downside is that there may be a small number of people who want to join and don't because of the extra step.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Summer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:38 pm

I didn't find the extra step to really be a bother, and I honestly think that anyone who really wants to join won't, either. You can probably delete anyone who has joined up and not e-mailed you; it's what I do on my own forum. It certainly helps keep the "members" figure realistic, and makes my board easier to manage.

Oh, by the way, I should probably introduce myself. Summer here, by the lakeside in Greater Cleveland. Female, fortyish, SF fan since the tender age of three (blame Star Trek TOS and my father, lol). Been reading SF of all sorts since I was a kid, and attempting to write it - off and on - since my teens. This year I may finally submit some of my work in hopes of its being published.

A big "hello" to everyone here. :D
Summer

luck

Postby admin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:41 am

Good luck on your attempt to turn pro. Don't get discouraged. Gene Wolfe, one of my favorite authors, submitted stories for many years before he sold one.

Rick Norwood
admin
Site Admin

Postby Frozen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Summer wrote:
Oh, by the way, I should probably introduce myself. Summer here, by the lakeside in Greater Cleveland. Female, fortyish, SF fan since the tender age of three (blame Star Trek TOS and my father, lol). Been reading SF of all sorts since I was a kid, and attempting to write it - off and on - since my teens. This year I may finally submit some of my work in hopes of its being published.

Hey, Summer, let us know how it goes. One of my pals--Paul L. Mathews--is trying to make it as a writer too. Hard wotk isn't it? Still, he's got a few sales thus far, and my fingers are crossed for him.

I'd love to know things for for you, Summer. I really admire writers. :)
If you're looking for serialised sci-fi, awesome illustrations and some sexy blue adventuresses, then try the Valentine Chronicles!
Frozen

Return to new members