Being Schizophrenic.

At a reader's suggestion, this new forum is open to all kinds of chat, excluding obvious spam.

Being Schizophrenic.

Postby ChrisC » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:06 am

Sometimes I even feel my consiousness take a dip into other dimensions without drugs. However I'm diagnosed as Schizophrenic, but I don't rule out the possibility of the reality of these experiences. Is it something I should worry about? It can be quite destructive at work. I mean I can get on with my job and all, it's just annoying to feel like your on DXM or Ketamine without injusting anything. I'm currently taking anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. So one would assume these alternative states would not occur. Yet they do, epecially when I'm stressed, such as now with starting a new job and all.

I seeing a psychiatrist at the end of the month I will inform him of my strange feelings and altered states. I have many wild ideas. Hmmm maybe I should write them down or something get them all out of my head into some sort of order.
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts."

Buddha in The Dhammapada.

ChrisC

http://www.buddhanet.net/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
ChrisC

Postby HomieBear » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:51 pm

You should write them down but also I think you should be very diligent with your drugs. I'm sure you know way better than I do, but the only schizophrenics I've ever known (two) have committed suicide.
HomieBear

second

Postby admin » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:22 am

Let me second what homiebear said. Stay on your meds. Keep a journal. Read the Tao. Stick with a routine. Don't break from your routine without talking it over with at least three friends first.

In my lifetime, several suicidal people have sought me out for advice. All of them are still alive today. (Knock wood.)

I've read that meditation (combined with drugs and talk therapy), can help.

Hang in there.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Chat