Intergalactic power bill ??

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Intergalactic power bill ??

Postby fritz12324 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:15 pm

I clearly remember all of the details of this very short story, but not the title or where/when it was published.

The story line is that there is an invention of a remarkable power coil that seems to draw electrical power out of the ether. Over time, all of the power lines have been taken down and scavenged for the copper to make these amazing coils as power is drawn from the ether all over the earth. One day a space vessel is detected approaching earth. It lands in a major stadium where dignitaries from all over the world have gathered to greet the first visitor from outer space. A rather tawdry vessel lands and a somewhat grimy pilot emerges dressed in some sort of uniform, with a bill cap embellished with a logo of some sort. His auto translator soon picks up the local language and he thanks the dignitaries for their welcome but tells them that he is here to deliver our past due intergalactic power bill.

Can anybody tell me the name/author of this story and where it might be available online?

Thanks,
Fred
fritz12324

Re: Intergalactic power bill ??

Postby Rob Hasson » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:23 am

Sounds like a Robert Sheckley kind of story, but no firm ideas.
Rob Hasson

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.