Open the pod bay doors HAL

New members MUST e-mail f.norwood@att.net to get their membership approved. Tell me the name under which you registered. Unless I'm out of town, I'll approve your registration with 24 hours. Begin to register by clicking on "register" above, but your registration is not complete until you e-mail me. This is necessary to prevent spam.

Best,
Rick Norwood

Open the pod bay doors HAL

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 am

Hi new member here just signing in. My name's Larry and I'm in the north east of England. I've read a lot of stuff but prefer what you might call hard SF,not hard to read stuff but just good fact based sf.(and I hate the term sci fi-for me it refers to bad sf on TV and b movies) I'm currently reading Alastair Reynolds' Pushing Ice,which I'm enjoying after 80 pages,not tried any of his stuff before. My favourite authors are Clarke,Heinlein,Baxter etc,not so keen on PKD or Asimov tho I love his robot books and Lije Bailey stories-just not a Foundation fan.
My favourite movie is 2001 which is what got me into sf in the first place. Been a Clarke fan from the beginning and was glad to be able to help mark his 90th birthday recently,a day after my 41st!
Anyway thats enough for now,gonna check the site out.

Postby Thanatos » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Sorry, I can't do that Dave! :twisted:

Welcome AE35Unit.

Funny you mentioning Pushing Ice since it's a book I've started reading sometime during 2006 (early 2006!) put aside and picked up a couple of weeks ago. I was a big fan of Mr. Reynolds novels but somewhere along the line I just got fed up with all those Joe Bobs of outer space and the Big Dumb Objects that never really seem to be anything other than McGuffins. I won't be going into details since you're still reading it but to me Pushing Ice is severely lacking in resolution.
Thanatos

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 am

Ah, it seems Im back! Had a bit of trouble there as I couldnt log in. I changed the skin to Black and it messed everything up.
Whjatever you do folks DON'T change the skin! (There's a word in the code it doesnt like!)

Postby HAL Jr » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:55 pm

Good evening Dave,why don't you take a stress pill,maybe enjoy a game of chess.
HAL Jr

Return to new members