What do you make of this?

At a reader's suggestion, this new forum is open to all kinds of chat, excluding obvious spam.

What do you make of this?

Postby ChrisC » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:24 am

I was arguing with my wife the other night. We seem to have these constantly and I'm getting used to them, as all is forgotten in the morning. Usually the theme is if I get a little psychotic as I do from time to time. Especially when a life changing event happens, such as the birth of my newborn. Anyway so I lost it a bit. I've come back now and am fine. The Psych increase my dose. So as I was arguing and I think most of you know the history of my in-laws from my past post's. So I said your family are all crazy with the exception of one of her brothers who you can have a normal conversation with.

She said how can you say that your diagnosed with schizo-affective dis-order. So I said and I want to know if this makes sense.

The person who is crazy and does not know or want to admit it, is crazy. The person who is crazy and admits it and seeks professional help, is really not that crazy after all.

I fall into the second category. She said I was talk clap trap and cryptic nonsense. Now call me crazy does that not make perfect sense. When applied to certain members of her family the first of that statement is true. She denied this, we went to bed and nothing more was said. This was four days ago.

I'd just like to know peoples take on this.

Thanks.
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts."

Buddha in The Dhammapada.

ChrisC

http://www.buddhanet.net/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
ChrisC

Dear Abby

Postby admin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:06 am

As a twice-married, twice-divorced, currently-not-even-dating man; I naturally consider myself an expert on women.

Women fight with men for two reasons.

1) it makes them horny. If you and your wife had sex after the fight, keep up the good work.

2) they are working themselves up to a state where they will end the relationship. If you and your wife didn't have sex after the fight, then you have serious problems.

Just keep in mind that fights between men and women seldom if ever have any factual content, only emotional content.
admin
Site Admin

Postby temp » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:19 pm

I'd like to add another point...

3.) Women communicate in strange ways that has absolutely nothing to do with the meaning of the words that are coming out of their mouths.

For example:
Wife: "How many times do I have to tell you to <insert>?"

Translation: There is no translation to this...it could mean she's feeling fat, it could mean it's cold outside, it could mean she wants you to take her out to dinner...but it almost never means the words she is saying.

I love my wife, but almost all of our arguments are because we don't understand each other. I could use some sci/fi-like psi abilities
temp

psi

Postby admin » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:09 am

Actually, "How many times do I have to tell you..." means, "If you really loved me, you would know what I want without me having to tell you."

There are a lot of touchy feely sf stories in which telepathy takes a relationship between a man and a woman to a whole new level.

My own hunch is that if a person could read minds, they would run screaming into the desert and never go near another human being ever again. It's bad enough knowing the stuff that goes on in my own mind. Heaven preserve me from ever knowing what is going on in the minds of other people.
admin
Site Admin

Postby spacecat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:24 pm

You said -
The person who is crazy and does not know or want to admit it, is crazy. The person who is crazy and admits it and seeks professional help, is really not that crazy after all.

I agree with all of that but would like to add my perspective because I live with someone diagnosed with BiPolar disorder.
When a med adjustment is needed, the person who is crazy and seeks help might still be pretty crazy (occasionally) but the person who is crazy and doesn't want to admit it or get help is crazy all the time!
(=^._.^=)

I'm trading SF&F books at
Paperbackswap.com

Tell'em spacecat sent you!
spacecat

Return to Chat