E-zine looking for contributions

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

E-zine looking for contributions

Postby garyreynolds900 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:01 am

Hi all,

I am the owner of http://www.conceptscifi.com. We are currently looking for some good quality pieces for inclusion in our E-zine.

Specifically, we are interested in anything Sci-fi related such as:

Short stories
    Poems
    Articles on writing technique

If you would like to submit a piece of work then please visit our submissions page at http://www.conceptscifi.com/submissions.htm for further information.

Many thanks,

Gary.
garyreynolds900

big question

Postby admin » Fri May 16, 2008 7:42 am

The big question people are going to want to know the answer to:

Is this a paying market?
admin
Site Admin

Postby garyreynolds900 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:07 am

Hi there,

This is covered in the submission criteria on the website. Currently, we do not offer payment for submissions.

The intention of Concept Sci-fi is to bring together people who love all aspects of Sci-fi. I'm hoping that there are some writers out there who either:

(a) just like writing for the fun of it, and are happy to submit some pieces 'just because', or

(b) Are not yet in a position to get paid for their short story fiction, etc. but still want a place for it to be aired and reach a wide audience, i.e. publicity.

I do have some submissions already (including an article from a well-respected American author), so there appears to be a market for this. But I need more submissions to make this worthwhile.

Thanks,

Gary.
garyreynolds900

Return to Writer's Forum