I got the expensive medication now. That would have blew my

At a reader's suggestion, this new forum is open to all kinds of chat, excluding obvious spam.

I got the expensive medication now. That would have blew my

Postby ChrisC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:08 am

Well I have seen a GP and he read the letter from my Psychiatrist in Durban. Well he was quite happy to chnage me over to the more expensive medications.

I was on Amitriptyline 150mg Night
Sulpiiride 100mg Morning 50mg Night. --> This shall be continued until finished so I am told.
Diazepam 10mg per day.

Ok now the new stuff.

Risperdal/Respridone 2mg at night.
Wellbutrin/Bupropion 150mg slow realease mornings.
Escitalopram/Cipralex 20mg
Diazepam 10 mg per day. We will be doing a tapering session for this. Which will only start as soon as I see a Psychiatrist.

So there you have it. I'm very impressed with the NHS here in Leigh-on-Sea. I got to see a doctor the same day. Now thats an achievement when I lived back in Ilford, Redbridge. I also had a swollen foot with a rash which I seem to have got from the 24 hours of traveling. It's cheaper if you have stop overs.

As for my well being. I'm taking long walks along the sea, well Thames Estary front. I have stop smoking. Have 1 glass of wine a day.

All need to do now is sign on and get a job. Then start building up a new life for myself. I will however, be in constant contact with my wife and kids through Skype.

Here's to the future. (Clink) What ever that might hold.
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts."

Buddha in The Dhammapada.

ChrisC

http://www.buddhanet.net/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
ChrisC

Re: I got the expensive medication now. That would have blew my

Postby admin » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:12 am

I'm happy to hear you're doing well. Keep up the walks. When I was seeing a shrink, he was all depressed one day because of a study that showed that exercise worked as well as psychiatry. I told him he had it all wrong. He should advertise: "Psychiatry, it's as good for you as exercise!"

Also, glad to get some firsthand info about the National Health. Doctors in the US, most of whom are millionaires, constantly tell terror stories about the National Health, but if we elect Obama, then I think America will follow the rest of the developed world with some kind of socialized medicine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ChrisC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:49 pm

I hope so. I think it's a human right to get treated for serious illness.
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts."

Buddha in The Dhammapada.

ChrisC

http://www.buddhanet.net/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
ChrisC

Postby Brightonian » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:45 am

admin wrote: if we elect Obama, then I think America will follow the rest of the developed world with some kind of socialized medicine.
Not wanting to be a downer, but isn't that what you thought when you elected the Clintons?
Brightonian

Postby admin » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:17 am

True, but the times have changed. At least the Clinton's tried. I think Obama can succeed, especially now that Bush's economic policy has proved so spectacularly unsuccessful.
admin
Site Admin

Postby spacecat » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Yes, Bush has maintained his perfect record of failure at each and every level. He almost bankrupted Texas as Governor, and in his oil business he was bailed out by the Arabs several times.

The only business he actually made a profit in was the baseball team. That profit was created by having the state of Texas contribute the money for a new stadium which then became the property of the team, substantially adding to its value.
(=^._.^=)

I'm trading SF&F books at
Paperbackswap.com

Tell'em spacecat sent you!
spacecat

Return to Chat