Hi everyone

New members MUST e-mail f.norwood@att.net to get their membership approved. Tell me the name under which you registered. Unless I'm out of town, I'll approve your registration with 24 hours. Begin to register by clicking on "register" above, but your registration is not complete until you e-mail me. This is necessary to prevent spam.

Best,
Rick Norwood

Hi everyone

Postby aeriph » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:28 am

Hi, I'm aeriph. I'm from England and I read sci-fi and fantasy. I also (try to) write fantasy short stories. My favourite authors: Iain M Banks, Tom Robbins, Orson Scott Card, Rhys Hughes and Liz Williams
Kind regards,
aeriph
aeriph

Re: Hi everyone

Postby admin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:45 am

Welcome to sfsite forum. You might consider adding to your list Neal Stephenson, who has a new novel just published titled Anathem, which seems to be about another world that has an alternate mathematics!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi everyone

Postby aeriph » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:26 am

I've just had a look around, cheapest I can find is Amazon Marketplace for £8.22 plus postage. Anyone know a cheap source of books? :P

Edit: I'm reading reviews now, and there's a range of opinions about a new vocabulary that Stephenson has apparently created for this novel. It sounds quite interesting but also labourious. Have you read it?
Kind regards,
aeriph
aeriph

Return to new members