Data Ghosts

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Data Ghosts

Postby bluerequiem » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:49 am

Doing research into writing a short story in the science fiction genre is what led me to find this site and forums. I have read a lot of helpful feedback both in book reviews and in this "Writer's Forum". I am currently posting this story on my personal website and am aware of the dangers this presents to finding a publisher later. I'm putting this up here with the hope that anyone that reads it will be entertained. I would also love to hear any feedback anyone may have about the story, my writing technique, etc. Below is my story pitch. The story can be read here: Data Ghosts

GPS coordinates from cell phones are used to cross reference huge government databases and render the information in real time to heads up displays over the heads of citizens. When someone’s location is different than actually reported to the system, due to lag or deception, you get a data ghost: names and numbers floating in the empty air. What happens when Frank Crane’s ghost is discovered at the scene of a double homicide?.
bluerequiem

Re: Data Ghosts

Postby admin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:55 am

Good pitch. Good luck with your career.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Writer's Forum