Fallout 3

The cake is a lie.

Moderator: Moderators

Fallout 3

Postby bluerequiem » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:45 pm

[url]Fallout 3[/url] comes out this week. I am looking forward to playing it for the game mechanics but mostly for the storyline. A lot of the tongue in cheek humor of the Fallout world communicated through in game propaganda seems to have influenced the personality of the A.I. in Portal as well. Anyone else planning on playing Fallout 3? I haven't had a chance yet, but any comments on Dead Space would be appreciated too.
bluerequiem

Re: Fallout 3

Postby admin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am

I'm not familiar with Fallout 3. What was Fallout 1 like?
admin
Site Admin

Postby bluerequiem » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 pm

Fallout 1 was set in a post apocalyptic future where humanity had been herded into underground bunkers called vaults in order to survive. After a set amount of time passed, your character was tasked with venturing into the wastelands and acquiring water and supplies for your vault from the survivors of humanity. The original game had a time limit on it before the people in your vault starved to death that was not sufficient to fully explore the many fantastic areas of the game, so a later patch increased the time limit to something that let you explore the entire game world.
bluerequiem

Postby bluerequiem » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:49 am

This is turning out to be a great game. Voice actors an hour into the game includes Liam Neeson and Ron Perlman. When I finish it I'll post a review if anyone else is interested.
bluerequiem

Postby admin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 am

I'd definitely like to see a review. My reaction time is too slow for first person shooters -- I like strategy games. I'm currently playing Tomb Raider Legend and, on the Nintindo DS Zelda, the Magic Hourglass. The latter is a kid's game, but fun. For example, you can blow out candles by blowing on the screen. Both games have clever puzzles. Tomb Raider has a higher level of violence, though some of the monsters in Zelda can be tough. And, when my new graphics card arrives from New Egg, I'm looking forward to playing Spore.
admin
Site Admin

Postby slaven41 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:02 pm

The game that's caught my eye lately is Spore. I don't buy many computer games, but that looks like it might be right up my alley.
"It's only Neutron. We call him that because he's so positive." --from This Island Earth
slaven41

Postby kallisti » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:44 pm

I haven't played Fallout 3, but my fiance and my roommate have both played two times through.

It's got great graphics, a good plot, and tons of freedom. The good/evil chaos/order D&D structure is a lot more complicated than most other RPG games. There's so much you can do, places to go, paths to take...very interesting. I don't tend to like RPGs, which is why I didn't play it, but it was enjoyable to watch others play.
"Lurk! Withdraw! Upon them! this is the Law of the Battle of Conquest "
-Liber AL III:9
kallisti

Return to SF in games