humans, cats, matter transmission...

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

humans, cats, matter transmission...

Postby kallisti » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:24 pm

This book is an older one, because I know I read it at least 10 years ago, and I seem to remember that it wasn't a new book.
Here's what I can recall...

Humans have figured out how to build teleportation devices. They go to colonize a planet..and find an "indigenous" species of cat-like people. Well, as the story goes on, you find out that the cat-people also have traveled to the planet and have advanced technology like teleportation devices.
There's a little boy in the story, and somehow he ends up with the cat-people instead of his own family. He wears a rope tail and ends up being in charge of translating the talks between the two races.

Anyone have a clue?
"Lurk! Withdraw! Upon them! this is the Law of the Battle of Conquest "
-Liber AL III:9
kallisti

Re: humans, cats, matter transmission...

Postby k1w1taxi » Sun May 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Sounds like Decision? at Doona by Anne McCaffery

Cheers
Lee
k1w1taxi

Postby admin » Tue May 05, 2009 11:44 am

Sounds like a book I want to read. I'm a cat person. I love some Anne McCaffery: the early dragon books, and Dragon Song and Dragon Drums. Other McCaffery seems too "mushy" for me. But I will definitely look up Decision at Doona.
admin
Site Admin

Postby HAL Jr » Mon May 18, 2009 7:04 am

Dragonquest is the only McCaffrey book I've read and enjoyed it. I then tried her earlier Dragonflight but couldn't get into it. Too fantasy like for me i think.
Would you like a stress pill Dave?
HAL Jr

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.