Deleted Topics/threads

The invisible guy in the trailer. Post here if you want to be sure admin reads your post.

Moderator: Moderators

Deleted Topics/threads

Postby k1w1taxi » Sat May 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Just a quick query about the life of threads on the forum.
I attempted to read the only thread on sf on tv which has a last post date of 22 april. I get a message that the information is deleted(?). On going back to check the exact wording I now find there are no posts in the section at all. Also many other times I find the threads/topics deleted. And yet there are many older threads still up (witness can you tell me?)

Are these gone for good? or is there an archive somewhere? Do the mods/owner have any control over the timing of this or is it a phpBB thing?

Cheers
Lee
k1w1taxi

Re: Deleted Topics/threads

Postby admin » Sun May 24, 2009 8:32 am

Sorry, but they're gone for good. I can change that (on a topic by topic basis) but my impression is that most people want to read active topics not old posts.

Active posters: let me know what you think.

Best,
Rick (admin)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Deleted Topics/threads

Postby slaven41 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Damn. I remember writing some amazingly insightful and profound stuff a couple of years ago, and nobody will ever see it again. :-)

On the other hand, the sooner that whole argument on global warming from last year disappears, the better.

--Dave
"It's only Neutron. We call him that because he's so positive." --from This Island Earth
slaven41

Return to management