Can anyone help?

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Can anyone help?

Postby dazmonic » Sun May 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi,

I trying to find out the name of a book i read a fair while ago.

The story basically goes like this -

A man is travelling in a one person spaceship between worlds looking for new technology to help in a war. They approach a world and the ship detects anti-gravitational anomalies and they go to investigate. The anomalies turn out to be magic but the ship doesnt understand this. It wants to open the head of a wizard to find the differences. After a while the man wants to stay on the planet but the ship doesnt want him to and threatens to explode a small charge in the back of his skull. The wizards help him out by getting the charge out but in the process turn him into a wizard too.

I know that description is a bit here and there but its the best i can do after such a long time.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darren
dazmonic

Re: Can anyone help?

Postby Al-G77 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey there, i enjoyed that book as well it was by Lawrence Watt-Evans and was called The Cyborg and the Sorcerers, there was a follow up novel as well called The Wizard and the War Machine. If our into fantasy you should check out some of his fantasy books such as The Misenchanted Sword and With a Single Spell.

Cheers,

Al.

Edit
just noticed this was posted last year :roll: well i'll leave it anyway lol might interest somebody lol :D
Al-G77

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.