Critique SURPRISING

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Critique SURPRISING

Postby admin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am

Now that I've sold stories to Analog and F&SF, selling to Asimov's is my top priority.
admin
Site Admin

Postby John Thiel » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:41 am

Hsas your F&SF sale been printed yet? I didn't run across it. I'd like to know when, if it was.
I Test Well--Hearken!
John Thiel

Postby Brightonian » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:13 am

John Thiel wrote:SURPRISING STORIES, September 2009, has a piece by myself that I would like to see critiqued, a lampoon of STAR TREK's original series. Also I'd like to find out what people think of other stories in the issue. It's at http://surprisingstories.dcwi.com

:o

I just clicked on that link and it took me to the January 2010 issue. I couldn't see any way to navigate to back issues. Perhaps there is a way to do this, but it shouldn't require detective work on the part of the reader. There is a button at the bottom called "Contents" but it just links to the page you're already looking at. I suggest you hire a professional web developer and maybe pay an artist to do your cover art.
Brightonian

Postby admin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 am

I had high hopes that my F&SF story "Brothers of the River" would be in the next issue, but it isn't. Maybe issue after next.
admin
Site Admin

Postby John Thiel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 am

Well, if that's true, I suppose no one is able to access the contents page from the cover and I surmise that no one has seen this issue.
I Test Well--Hearken!
John Thiel

Postby admin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:56 am

Gordon sends an e-mail to all the writers with stories coming up with the contents page of the next issue.
admin
Site Admin

Postby John Thiel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Just got the issue with your "Curiosities" item in it.
I Test Well--Hearken!
John Thiel

Previous

Return to Writer's Forum