Can you help me identify this novel

This is the place to ask about that story you remember so well -- but can't remember the title and author.

Moderator: Moderators

Can you help me identify this novel

Postby alanr1963 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Help please.
I've been trying to identify a novel I used to see often in bookshops sometime back in the mid to late 1970's and all I can remember is the cover illustration.
Memory tells me is featured a giant of a man in a black suit whose head was a 1970's style TV camera, he was standing astride a road and was looking down on the road at what seemed to be a motorcade - perhaps JFK?
Not sure whether this helps but I've spent hours trawling the interweb using every permutation I can think of to no avail.
alanr1963

Re: Can you help me identify this novel

Postby prion » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:59 am

alanr1963,

I am in possession of this novel. The paperback cover is really quite striking. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the author (vintage 70s, probably Brit). The problem is, my SF library is quite large (> 5000), so it will take some time for me to check for it. Anyway, your request gave me the final impetus to tidy things up around here :oops:
I'll contact you a.s.a.p.

Regards, prion
prion

Got it!

Postby prion » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 am

Funny how the brain works. Some minutes after my last post, I had a revelation (btw, a novel by the same author you are looking for!)
No Brit, it's Barry N. Malzberg, and the novel is "The Destruction of the Temple"; New English Library Ed., 1975

http://www.amazon.com/Destruction-Temple-Barry-N-Malzberg/dp/0450241564/ref=tmm_mmp_title_0

Regards, prion
prion

Re: Can you help me identify this novel

Postby alanr1963 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:03 am

Hi Prion
Absolutely brilliant, I am very happy now.
Many thanks for taking the time and curing me of this obsession which has lasted over a year, will order the book before the day is out.
Again many thanks and kind regards
Alan
alanr1963

Return to Can you tell me the name of this story.