Onirismes - Call for submissions - Paying Market

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Onirismes - Call for submissions - Paying Market

Postby Onirismes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 am

Hello,

Onirismes is a new bilingual webzine (English - French), dedicated to publishing short fiction and poetry that belong in the fields of speculative and fantastic literature (Fantasy, Science fiction, and all kinds of interstitial experiments).

We are permanently open to submissions. We pay €60 flat for short stories (2000-4000 words), €20 flat for poems.

You may learn more about us, and see our submission guidelines, by visiting our website : http://onirismes.com

Julien - Onirismes.com
Onirismes

Re: Onirismes - Call for submissions - Paying Market

Postby admin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 am

Are you listed in Duotrope Digest? In any case, I'll be sending you a story. My latest story just got rejected by Asimov's, the only one of the big three I haven't sold to yet, but I'll run it by Analog next. But I have a story in mind to send you. Is payment on acceptance or on publication?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Onirismes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 pm

admin wrote:Are you listed in Duotrope Digest? In any case, I'll be sending you a story. My latest story just got rejected by Asimov's, the only one of the big three I haven't sold to yet, but I'll run it by Analog next. But I have a story in mind to send you. Is payment on acceptance or on publication?

Hi,

You can find our Duotrope listing here : http://www.duotrope.com/market_5063.aspx. Seems like it's not available using the standard search yet. (EDIT : fixed !)

As for your other question : Payment is on acceptance.

Julien
Onirismes

Postby admin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks!

Rick
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:28 am

I notice you pay "up to" 4.9 cents a word. That sounds like a deliberate effort to avoid being a professional market. I wonder why? Usually, I only submit to professional markets, not so much for the extra tenth of a cent a word, but because I figure a professional market usually has readership in the thousands, and a simi-pro market readership in the low hundreds, if that.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Onirismes » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:02 pm

admin wrote:I notice you pay "up to" 4.9 cents a word. That sounds like a deliberate effort to avoid being a professional market. I wonder why? Usually, I only submit to professional markets, not so much for the extra tenth of a cent a word, but because I figure a professional market usually has readership in the thousands, and a simi-pro market readership in the low hundreds, if that.

Did you see that on Duotrope ? Our pay rate is clearly stated in the first post of this thread, as well as on our website. Now, depending on the length of the story and the Euro exchange rate, you may consider us a pro or semi-pro market. It's really up to you.

More than in the pay rate, our specificity lies in the translation service we offer our writers, which should allow their works to reach other markets.
Onirismes

Postby admin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:29 am

Yes, I was quoting Duotrope. If they're wrong, you should correct it. Thanks for the clarification.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Onirismes » Tue May 03, 2011 3:05 am

Hi guys,

I'd just like to let you know that our first issue, with stories by Lavie Tidhar, Michael J. DeLuca and Claude Mamier, is finally online. You may have a look at it here : http://onirismes.com. This issue is free, and may give you a better idea of what we're searching for. We're still looking for stories to publish in the next issue.

Thanks!
Onirismes

Return to Writer's Forum