Dodgem Logic by Alan Moore

My current favorite fantasy comic book is Girl Genius, by Phil Foglio. What's yours?

Moderator: Moderators

Dodgem Logic by Alan Moore

Postby admin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:51 am

Alan Moore was never a man to repeat himself. Now, he has started his own comic book/magazine Dodgem Logic, not, apparently, availabe through Diamond, at least not at the local comics shop where I have a standing order for everything by Alan Moore. Leave it to Alan Moore to try to make an end run around Diamond, which otherwise has a monopoly on comic book distribution. Instead, you buy it at his web page, http://www.dodgemlogic.com. It's got comics, stories, articles, illustrations, strange stuff, some by Moore, most by other people. And, as the first issue explains, Alan Moore isn't real. He's just your dad dressed up.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dodgem Logic/Century: 1969

Postby Brightonian » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Just picked up Dodgem Logic at my local comix shop along with Century: 1969, the latest volume in the League saga. Having fun spotting the references of course: so far I've found Fotherington-Thomas from the Molesworth books, Wellington from the Perishers, Edna Everage and Barry McKenzie from Private Eye, Patrick Troughton as Dr Who, Emergency Ward 10 (a TV hospital soap of the time) plus a whole slew of more obvious links with Crowley, Performance (the movie), Michael Moorcock, the Stones, Beatles, Kinks and so on. A nice touch: there's a fantasy bookshop "There will be soft rains" named after a Ray Bradbury story, as was the real-life SF bookshop Dark They Were and Golden-Eyed.
Brightonian

Re: Dodgem Logic by Alan Moore

Postby Brightonian » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:29 pm

It turns out that the first issue of Dodgem Logic I bought may be the last to be published ... Alan Moore explains in an editorial that their policy of paying contributors, refusing paid adverts and keeping the cover price affordable has not so far proved sustainable, particularly with their rather patchy distribution network. So there will be at least a hiatus while the editorial team reviews their strategy. :(
Brightonian

Return to SF in Comics