Online Writing Workshop for SF

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Online Writing Workshop for SF

Postby Third Foundationer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:19 pm

I recently rejoined the OWW for SF and Fantasy. I was a member a while back and enjoyed the experience. I have always read and heard that in-person workshops (Clarion, for example) are good for improvement, but my lifestyle does not quite allow that. I found the online workshop to be pretty good--you can develop some friendships and collaborations with other aspiring writers, and once in a while you might catch the attention of an established writer or editor.

Anyone else ever participate in this workshop, or any others?

--3rdF
Third Foundationer

Re: Online Writing Workshop for SF

Postby admin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:26 am

I was at Clarion 3 in New Orleans, many, many years ago. Harlan's prediction for me: "You'll make it, but you'll never make it big."

I've often thought about online writing workshops. Maybe one of these days.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Third Foundationer » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:23 pm

I was just notified that one of my chapter submissions for my novel Belt was selected as an Editor's Choice on the Online Writing Workshop for Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. Should be up at the start of September.

Writer's don't often win victories--my ratio of rejections to acceptances is roughly 533,124 to 1. So it's nice to get a little win here and there. :D

--3rdF
Third Foundationer

Postby admin » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:32 am

Congratulations!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Writer's Forum