Home World by Bonnie Milani - LIVE on Amazon

Many of you who visit sfsite are writers or want to be writers. This forum is to share tips about open markets, links to stories you would like critiqued, and any other posts on the subject of writing and selling science fiction.

Moderator: Moderators

Home World by Bonnie Milani - LIVE on Amazon

Postby bonniemilani » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi, All!
I'm still new to this site so I hope I'm not violating any rules. But new authors are like new moms in many ways, so I'm still at the "lookit my baby!" stage. In this case, my baby is my debut sci fi novel, 'Home World', published by Promontory Press. The book went live on Amazon on 10/2 & now has 4 5-star reviews - ALL of them honest, unpaid reviews. Yea! Please do check the novel out! Here's the blurb:

Home World is a love story set within a thrilling world of interstellar political intrigue. Centuries ago, the combat-engineered humans called Lupans very nearly destroyed Earth. What they left of Earth - Home World to the star-flung Commonwealth she founded - is now little more than a dusty tourist world ruled by the Great Family Van Buren.

Strolling the ruins of once-beautiful Waikiki, Jezekiah Van Buren dreams of making his one fantasy come true: to escape the Ring that condemns him to be the next Lord High Protector of Earth - Home World to the other worlds of the human Commonwealth. All he wants is the freedom to be his own man, to know real friendship; to build a life with a woman who loves him rather than the political advantage he represents. Never one to shy away from action, Jezekiah embarks on an adventure that could end life not just on Earth, but on all the worlds of the Commonwealth.

Ingenious even by the standards of the genetically enhanced Great Family Van Buren, Jezekiah was bred for politics and trained to rule. Now he has the achieved the impossible: he has arranged a treaty that will convert Earth's ancient enemies, the Lupans, to her most powerful allies. The treaty will make Earth rich again. Restore her to her old glory. Make her once again the dominant power in the Commonwealth she founded. What matters to Jezekiah, though, is that the treaty lets him escape the Ring. It sets him free to pursue his most thrilling discovery of all: the only woman he's ever found who sees him just for himself: the young Samurai-trained woman named Keiko Yakamoto.

To pull the treaty off, Jezekiah only has to convince his little sister Letticia to accept the hand of Strongarm, the Lupan's alpha warlord, in marriage. Trouble is, Letticia hates Lupans. She also hates Jezekiah. A tech-master par excellence, Letticia's brilliantly virulent response to Strongarm's proposal threatens not just the treaty, but the existence of life on Earth itself.
Somehow, Jezekiah has to win Letticia over before she manages to trigger another devastating Lupan-Commonwealth war. Before, too, the assassin she's put on his tail succeeds in killing him. Or the interstellar crime ring called Ho Tong succeeds in raising another rebellion. Or his ruling relatives on competing worlds manage to execute him for treason.

But Jezekiah's not the only man with a life-or-death stake in the treaty. When the Lupan warlord Strongarm turns up on Earth unannounced, he touches off suspicions and recriminations that sends bloody red echoes across the vast reaches of space. Only an even greater danger rises once Strongarm meets Keiko Yakamoto. Even Jezekiah never imagined that Strongarm would desire the same fiery-spirited woman he wants for himself. Now, suddenly, these two most powerful men find themselves in a battle of the heart that jeopardizes everything they've staked their lives - and the lives of their worlds - on: the love of a woman who just may be the most deadly assassin of them all.

Whether you enjoy science fiction romance, adventure, or just a good old space opera, Home World offers a rollicking, action-packed epic with a sizeable dose of humor.
bonniemilani

Re: Home World by Bonnie Milani - LIVE on Amazon

Postby bonniemilani » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 am

Hi, All -
:oops: MAJOR embarrassment! I forgot to include the Home World link! On Amazon, it's http://www.amazon.com/Home-World-Bonnie ... nie+Milani

The book's website is http://www.homeworldthenovel.com

DO check it out & let me know what you think.

Best
Bonnie Milani
bonniemilani

Return to Writer's Forum