The Ditmar Awards, the Australian national achievement awards, were presented at Conjecture, the 48th annual Australian national convention in Adelaide the weekend of June 5.
- Novel: Tender Morsels, by Margo Lanagan
- Novella: “Painlessness,” by Kirstyn McDermott
- Short Story (tie): “The Goosle,” by Margo Lanagan and “This Is Not My Story,” by Dirk Flinthart
- Collected Work: Dreaming Again, edited by Jack Dann
- Best Professional Artwork: Tales from Outer Suburbia, by Shaun Tan
- Best New Talent: Felicity Dowker.
- William Atheling Jr. Award: Popular Genres and the Australian Literary Community: The Case of Fantasy Fiction, by Kim Wilkins
- Peter McNamara Award: Sean Williams
- Best Professional Achievement: Black, the Australian Dark Culture Magazine, edited by Angela Challis
- Best Fan Publication: Asif!, edited by Alisa Krasnostein & Gene Melzack
- Best Fan Artist: Cat Sparks for Scary Food Cookbook
- Best Fan Writer: Rob Hood for Undead Backbrain
- A. Bertram Chandler Award: Rosaleen Love.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.