The Locus Award winners, presented by Locus and voted on by the magazine’s readership, were presented at a ceremony and banquet in Seattle on June 27. The winners are listed below.
- Science Fiction Novel: Anathem, by Neal Stephenson
- Fantasy Novel: Lavinia, by Ursula K. Le Guin
- First Novel: Singularity’s Ring, by Paul Melko
- Young-Adult Book: The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman
- Novella: “Pretty Monsters,” by Kelly Link
- Novelette: “Pump Six,” by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Short Story: “Exhalation,” by Ted Chiang
- Anthology: The Year’s Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Fifth Annual Collection, edited by Gardner Dozois
- Collection: Pump Six and Other Stories, Paolo Bacigalupi
- Non-Fiction/Art Book: P. Craig Russell for Coraline: The Graphic Novel, by Neil Gaiman, adapted and illustrated by P. Craig Russell
- Editor: Ellen Datlow
- Artist: Michael Whelan
- Magazine: F&SF
- Publisher: Tor
No comments yet.