The winners of the 2010 Mythopoeic Society Awards were announced on July 11 at Mythcon 41 in Dallas. This year saw the first award of the Alexei Kondratiev Student Paper Award, which was named for a scholar who died earlier this year. The award is presented to a paper read at the conference.
- Fantasy Awards, Adult Literature: Lifelode, by Jo Walton
- Fantasy Awards, Children’s Literature: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, by Grace Lin
- Scholarship Awards, Inklings Studies: Tolkien, Race, and Cultural History: From Fairies to Hobbits, by Dimitra Fimi
- Scholarship Awards, Myth and Fantasy Studies: One Earth, One People: The Mythopoeic Fantasy Series of Ursula K. Le Guin, Lloyd Alexander, Madeleine L’Engle and Orson Scott Card, by Marek Oziewicz
- Alexei Kondratiev Student Paper Award: “Art According to Romantic Theology: Charles Williams’ Analysis of Dante Reapplied to J.R.R. Tolkien’s ‘Leaf By Niggle’,” by Michael Millburn
No comments yet.