The novel Cinco de Mayo, by Michael Martineck has been named a finalist for the Alberta Readers Choice Awards, presented for favorite work published by an Alberta, Canada-based publisher. Despite being a regional award, anyone may vote. The deadline for voting is the end of May. This is the first time a science fiction novel has made it to the finalists for this award. The nominees include:
- Bitter Medicine: A Graphic Memoir of Mental Illness, by Clem and Olivier Martini
- Cinco de Maya, by Michael Martineck
- The Grizzly Manifesto, by Jeff Gailus
- Letters from the Lost: A Memoir of Discovery, by Helen Waldstein Wilkes
- Too Bad: Sketches Toward a Self-Portrait, by Robert Kroetsch
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.