The winners of the Japanese Seiun Awards, voted on by attendees of Donbura Con L, the 50th Japanese Science Fiction Convention, we announced on September 3.
- Japanese Novel: Kyonen wa Ii Toshi ni Narudarou (Last Year Was Probably a Good Year), by Yamamoto Hiroshi
- Japanese Short Story: “Arisuma-oo no Aishita Mamono” (“King Arisuma’s Beloved Demon”), by Ogawa Issui
- Foreign Novel: Eifelheim, by Michael Flynn
- Foreign Short Story: “Carry the Moon in My Pocket,” by James Lovegrove
- Media: District 9
- Comics: Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (Fullmetal Alchemist), by Arakawa Hiromu
- Art: Naoyuki Katou
- Non-fiction: Sa wa saiensu no sa (Sa is for Science), by Tsukasa Shikano
- Open category: Hayabusa (MUSES-C) space probe
No comments yet.