The Kraken Rum has announced the nominees for the 2011 Kitschies, presented for the most progressive, intelligent, and entertaining works of genre fiction. Winners will receive a cash prize, a trophy, and a bottle of Kraken Rum. The winners will be announced on February 3 at the SFX Weekender 3.
Red Tentacle (Novel)
- The Enterprise of Death, by Jesse Bullington
- Embassytown, by China Miéville
- A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness and Siobhan Dowd
- The Testament of Jessie Lamb, by Jane Rogers
- Osama: A Novel, by Lavie Tidhar
Golden Tentacle (Debut)
- Among Thieves, by Douglas Hulick
- God’s War, by Kameron Hurley
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs
- The Samaritan, by Fred Venturini
Inky Tentacle (Cover art)
- Rivers of London, by Ben Aaronovitch; illustration by Stephen Walter, design by Patrick Knowles
- The Last Werewolf, by Glen Duncan; design by Peter Mendelsund
- The Prague Cemetery, by Umberto Eco; design by Suzanne Dean, illustration by John Spencer
- Equations of Life, by Simon Morden; design by Lauren Panepinto
- A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness and Siobhan Dowd; illustration by Jim Kay
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.