The Academy of Motion Picture Ares and Sciences presented the Oscars on February 26. A full list of genre winners appears below.
- Animated Feature: Rango
- Animated Short Film: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
- Written, Original Screenplay: Midnight in Paris, Woody Allen
- Art Direction: Hugo, Dante Ferretti (Production Design), Francesca Lo Schiavo (Set Decoration)
- Achievement in Cinematography: Hugo, Robert Richardson
- Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song): “Man or Muppet” from The Muppets, Music and Lyric by Bret McKenzie
- Achievement in Sound Editing: Hugo, Philip Stockton and Eugene Gearty
- Achievement in Sound Mixing: Hugo, Tom Fleischman and John Midgley
- Achievement in Visual Effects: Hugo, Rob Legato, Joss Williams, Ben Grossman, and Alex Henning
In addition, it should be noted that The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, based on a novel by Swedish fan Stieg Larsson, received an Oscar for Achievement in Film Editing.
No comments yet.