The Hugo Awards were presented a part of Chicon 7 on September 2. Chicon 7 Toastmaster John Scalzi emceed the event, presenting all the Hugos except for Short Story (a category for which he was nominated), which was presented by Gardner Dozois. In addition, the ceremony included the presentation of the Big Heart Award to Juanita Coulson and a Special Committee Award to Robert Weinberg. Breaking from tradition, Chicon 7 unveiled this year’s Hugo trophy at Opening Ceremonies to give more members a chance to examine the trophy. Most of the ceremony was streamed live to Dragon*Con, which also had a trophy on display.
- Best Novel: Among Others, by Jo Walton
- Best Novella: “The Man Who Bridged the Mist,” by Kij Johnson
- Best Novelette: “Six Months, Three Days,” by Charlie Jane Anders
- Best Short Story: “The Paper Menagerie,” by Ken Liu
- Best Related Work: The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction, Third Edition, edited by John Clute, David Langford, Peter Nicholls, and Graham Sleight
- Best Graphic Story: Digger, by Ursula Vernon
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form: Game of Thrones (Season 1)
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: “The Doctor’s Wife” (Doctor Who)
- Best Editor, Short Form: Sheila Williams
- Best Editor, Long Form: Betsy Wollheim
- Best Professional Artist: John Picacio
- Best Semiprozine: Locus, edited by Liza Groen Trombi, Kirsten Gong-Wong, et al.
- Best Fanzine: SF Signal, edited by John DeNardo
- Best Fan Writer: Jim C. Hines
- Best Fan Artist: Maurine Starkey
- Best Fancast: SF Squeecast, by Lynne M. Thomas, Seanan McGuire, Paul Cornell, Elizabeth Bear, and Catherynne M. Valente
- John W. Campbell Award for Best New Author (sponsored by Dell Magazines, not a Hugo): E. Lily Yu
No comments yet.